Kyparissia

Kyparissia is a port on the Ionian Golf and was a major part and fortress during the Venetian period (13th-18th centuries). The history of the community is not almost unknown. During the dramatic events of the Greek War independence (1821-1831), the community appears to have been assimilated through conversion. A few Jewish names were still to be found among the Christian population until the Second World War.

Sites:

A Jewish quarter can be seen in the neighborhood of Pisso Rouga, as well as a Jewish villa nearby the small theatre of the Castle.

Based on Jewish Sites and Synagogues of Greece -

Nicholas P. Stavroulakis and Timothy J. DeVinney - Talos press